Thursday, February 27, 2003

I just finished reading a great article titled �In Futile Pursuit of Armenia's Election Vermin� which appeared in the Moscow Times on February 26th, 2003 and was written by Kim Iskyan, a OSCE observer.

The article sums up all the reports I�ve been getting before and after the first round of the election from my friends that are in Yerevan on the ground, keeping an eye on what is going on.

From everything I have heard and understood, March 6th, irregardless of who is �elected�, is going to be a very sad day in our history.

As Christians, I suggest that we all pray that everyone comes to their senses and does the right thing. Unfortunately, as Christians, God will once again make us suffer so we better understand something that we are just not getting, and though in the end I know things will be just fine, these learning moments for most are very difficult.

BTW, if anyone is offended by any comments in the article in reference to the Diaspora, I'm sorry to tell you that you wont find any apologies from me, as I agree 100% with what is written. As the saying goes, sometimes the truth hurts and if it hurt, then just maybe you need to do something so it wont hurt so much next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment