Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Last year around this time we had a horrible snow storm which knocked down power poles causing a 5 day blackout to the Martuni region.

Today there is no sign of snow and it looks like this will be a light winter with little snow, which is fine by me.

Right now we are facing a wood shortage, with laws being enforced to prevent the cutting of trees that are crucial to heat houses that have not been gasified.

I was reading an article the other day that stated in Armenia they will allow the cutting of something like 75,000 cubic meters of wood, but the demand for heating wood is around 750,000 cubic meters.

It looks like we are now facing the effects of not planting 10 years ago when we could have so today not only would we have trees to collect well water, but trees to produce more oxygen and wood to burn.

I guess what would have also helped is if they gasified the entire country with the pipes that a few people have sent off to Armenia and Iran for their own personal gain.

When ever I think about those people who we trusted to do the right thing and didn’t, all I can think about is how I wish for them some incurable illness that will cause them a slow painful death. I know that must sound inhuman, but trust me when I tell you they do deserve to suffer more than we have and are.

With the good weather we are having, construction at the stone factory is moving forward with some walls and gates being put up. We took a truck load this after noon of building stones and tomorrow all the sand that is left in front of my house will be loaded up on my truck and taken down to the factory, which will also clear my street so when we start to lay down gravel, those materials wont be lost.

Darn, I spoke too soon. It just started to rain. Well at least it’s 7.8c outside which means no snow yet. I hope it will pass in the next couple of hours or else I wont be able to drive my truck down my street.

No comments:

Post a Comment