Monday, September 01, 2003

I hope I'm not boring anyone, but today was once again another NK Arts full day of work in Stepanagert and Shushi.

Many meetings and checking work on the site, which I have to say is coming along quite well and things are really shaping up.

When living in a small town like Martuni, sometimes roomers start from someone over hearing only part of a conversation. So the latest roomer is that Ara is building a stage so he can put on a concert in Shushi for the people in the prison. When I heard this, I had to laugh.

It seems that my welder understood that the stage was being build for a concert in Shushi at the Pert (fort), but here the Shushi fort is the prison and they refer to the historic fort as the "wall". So now all of Martuni is talking about the concert I'm putting on for the prisoners.

After I finished my NK Arts work, I headed to a street near the bazaar where there are a bunch of butchers to get beef bones for my dogs. I scored big time today, as one butcher was a little bit drunk and since he likes me so much, he took the time to cut the bones out of a side be beef and while doing this, he kept repeating to the other butchers that we have to look after Ara, as he came from a far place and his dogs who protect him have to be well taken care of.

It was certainly a very long day and when I got home to Martuni, a beer and some munchies were certainly in order, as I didn't have time for lunch today and right now I've got a couple of Cornish game hen defrosting, which I'll start to cook up in a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment