Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Today was the closing of the conference and all I will say right now is that if the comments made during and after the conference is a true indication of what direction our country is going, were going to be doing just fine in time.

I made lots of good contacts with natives and people who came from the Diaspora of which there were about 150 of them, representing 26 countries.

An interesting bit of information I learned from someone today (have to still confirm this, but I know it’s close) was that during the USSR, Armenia was producing 1.6% of the products and providing 1.8% of the brain power to the USSR. It should also be noted that Armenia represented a little over 1% of the population of the USSR. What this meant is that Armenia in the end should have had the greatest potential (which I believe was even noted at the time) to be the most prosperous country of the former Soviet. What happened, I won’t get into, but according to what someone told me from the Red Cross back in 1999, according to what they knew as far as plans for the end of Armenia, we should have been reduced to 3rd world statues long ago. All I will say is that now that we understand what the G7 wished for us, we need to work accordingly and work to build our nation as we need to without waiting for help from those that were out to destroy us.

Tonight will be a concert and I guess mixer. It should be fun and who knows what other contacts I will make.

No comments:

Post a Comment