Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I know I should not subject you to this, but thought you would be interested in knowing about some of the fallout I get every now and then for being a proactive Armenian. Though this kind of stuff use to bother me a bit, I now find it somewhat flattering that someone would take the time to even write anything about me. The following discussion is taking place on www.armeniancafe.com

www.aramanoogian.blogspot.com
September 13 2003 at 9:00 AM

It's time for a little grassroots education. Enjoy!

- Hagop Bedrossian


please
September 13 2003, 10:38 AM

please ignore the hoodlums among us.

- Ara Baliozian


Can you say sociopath?
September 14 2003, 5:33 AM

I'm can't elaborate on his criminal record, but know he left the U.S. during a criminal trial.

Dear Hagop, no one sane would leave California to save Armenia. As others pointed out, things can be accomplished from afar.

If you read his website daily, you'll see that he has some major psychological issues. While it seems some of his intentions are good, he routinely goes off the edge with his threats to someone & claims for absurb,unobtainable actions as if he thinks he is God.

Anyone who rambles on about himself & his mundane & apparently fictious days is missing a screw.

A sociopath is someone who appears to be good (loving, complimentary, does good deeds, etc.), but at the slightest hitch flips out & becomes the true evil person that underlies. Couple that with a little delusion of grandeur & there you have it.

- Guzu


Ara Manoogian Keeps the Faith
September 14 2003, 9:51 AM

Amot eh enger jan..LOL, you are so hard on the guy.

I'm not sure how well you know him or his family, but Ara Manoogian is a good man. You know he is the grandson of the late Armenian political activist and writer Shahan Natalie, therefore, radicalism is in his DNA. Listen, we are not professional psychologists, we don't know what is going on in his mind, and besides, we shouldn't care about his past. All we should care about on this specific subject is his full-fledged effort in helping Armenians directly with concrete action. Question: are you doing anything direct to help Armenia? If you are, great respect you, but most Diasporians don't do anything besides bag on another proactive brother or sister. It's as if, we want to bring each other down, for some odd reason.

Anyway, for the record, I did visit with Ara for two years in a row, on "extended periods" of time and he is a great individual to know. He is fully dedicated to his foundation's project-goals and is very passionate about helping needy Armenian people on a grassroots level. He is doing what he chooses to do, and that is to be helping Armenians every single day. Brother, life is so easy in North America (your IP address); it's very painless to criticize someone like Ara. Understand, as proactive Armenians, we need to get involved in more progressive ways.

I would hate to disappoint you but what Ara writes about in his daily bloggs are 100% accurate. Sure, he may write a bit self-consumed or critical, but hey...what abled Armenian man wouldn't? If you also had a debt or material free life, had no immediate family and had a meaningful legacy to fulfill, people would take notice and bag on you too. Now that seems normal. Ok brother, best of luck to all of us. Keep the faith.

- Hagop Bedrossian


Re: Ara Manoogian Keeps the Faith
September 14 2003, 10:36 AM

I do not know him or his family, but he has caused a lot of needless trouble in the adoption world for several of my friends & I find that very sad for both the childless couples & parentless children. He claims to the press that bribes are being made, & while that may or may not be true, in the vast majority of the cases, it is definitely not. I have corresponded candidly with 15 of the adopted children's adoptive parents over the past year & find no bribes going on. These are good people who just want to have families & he keeps muddling in their affairs. Not only that, but they infuse money into the Armenian economy (by charitiable donations). He hasn't substantiated one single bribery claim. Pretty soon, he is going to get the whole thing shut down. Then where will the children be? Reading the recent article allowing Armenian women to pretend they're pregnant while waiting to adopt to hide this secret gives one a bit of insight into the reason the children are not being adopted by Armenia Armenians--especially the older children. Why he is interested? I'm not sure. I know he helped his cousin adopt, but why he continues to try to crash the system I don't know. Most adoptions are now through agencies & are on the up & up.

Some of his other issues in which he is involved seem a little more helpful to the population a whole.

I respect much of his other work. Another issue I have with his posts is that he consistently makes the Martuni locals sound like complete idiots --as if he is the only one with the ability to get things done right.

As for my contributions to Armenia, I do my part.

As for my IP addy , I send my comments through a friend.

-Guzu


webmaster
September 15 2003, 3:18 AM

Can you please remove my above posts? I think I might have been a little premature in posting it. That was unfair of me. Sorry!

- Gazu


Which criminal trail?
September 16 2003, 3:25 PM

Though I said I would not comment on this site, I just have to ask Gazu what criminal trial was going on during my departure from the US? Could it have been the O.J. Simpson trail?

Since you don't know me or my family, how the heck do you know so much about my "criminal" background? And since you know so much about my "criminal" background, aren't you in fear of your life since you are also sure I'm a sociopath that can snap at anytime?

You may send messages through a "friend", but for me and my associates we will have no problem tracking you down and instructing our attorneys to come after you, charging you with slander and defamation of character if you don't retract your statements on this forum immediately. Remember "Angela Bedrossian" and remember what Monte Melkonian said, "…If he refuses to correct his behavior the easy way, then we'll just have to do things the hard way. It's as simple as that." This is a rule I respect and follow.

- Ara Manoogian

No comments:

Post a Comment