Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Today is quite hot (right now it's 41.3 outside).

Tonight there is a big concert in Stepanagert to celebrate our independence. I really should go, but I'm really not in any mood to drive right now and leave the comfort of my home. On the other hand Nune is going to be performing and the people I hang out with will be hanging out with her and just maybe I can get that date I've been trying to have for the last couple of years so I can once and for all finish my research on what is different between Nune and Cilicia.com logger Lena.

Here's a little trivial bit of information. Does anyone know what Armenians in Armenia call the "@" symbol? They call it "shoonig".

Anyone know why they call it "shoonig"? Because the Russians call it "sabachgah", which in Russian means little dog and little dog in Armenian is "shoonig".

So when I give out my e-mail address, I tell people here "ara_manoogian, shooing, yahoo.com". The only person I can think of that could like the word "shoonig" in an e-mail address is Madlene and my mom.

Does anyone know if there is another word in Armenian for "@"? I would think Armenians would be more technical than calling it "shoonig", as "at" makes more sense. Would saying "tebi" be so difficult? It makes more sense to me and I kind of like the way it sounds. "ara_manoogian, tebi, yahoo.com", though in that case, we would need to start a domain called "yergeer.am"

No comments:

Post a Comment