Thursday, November 06, 2003

ArmenPress
Nov 4 2003


PRESIDENT KOCHARIAN MAKES NEW APPOINTMENTS

YEREVAN, NOVEMBER 4, ARMENPRESS: Armenian president Robert Kocharian signed a decree November 3 to appoint Armenian ambassador to Egypt, ergey Manasarian, to serve also as Armenian ambassador to the Sultanate of Omar.

By another decree Kocharian appointed Vahram Barseghian head of a presidential oversight service with a two-month probation period. Vahram Barseghian was the winner of a competition announced by the Civil Service Council to fill the vacancy.

###

To remind our readers, I had made mention of Vahram Barseghian (see my Oct. 14, 2003 log), who while the Deputy Minister of Culture and president of an Armenian based aid organization who claims to help persons injured during the Karabagh war, was defrauding the Armenians of the Diaspora.

In December of 1999, I had filed a complaint with the presidential oversight service about Barseghian, who I found and documented was involved in collecting money from the Diaspora for persons who were not in need as he was claiming and in the end, the money was not being used for the purpose it was collected.

I also learned from reliable sources that Barseghian was and I would guess still is involved in Sev (black) work in America. This was clarified by the source to mean he had connections with the Armenian mafia in America. It should also be noted that he is a native of Stepanagert, Artsakh and a long time friend of Kocharian.

I guess the saying that implies a person is as good as the friends he keeps would apply here.

I guess this is just another example of the legal system no longer working and now with Barseghian being at the helm of the presidential oversight service, you have to wonder where things will go.

Am I upset? Not really. I figure this brings us one step closer to implementing needed change.

No comments:

Post a Comment