Monday, November 17, 2003

I’m back in Martuni after a very interesting van ride.

I had gone to Yerevan via a van and went with the Mayor’s wife and children, who went to buy winter clothes.

The ride in was smooth and fast. The return trip was a different story.

It seems that our van is not part of the company that was awarded a monopoly that now controls Lachin road. Yes, the nice road we built with Diaspora money has been “sold” to a transportation company who I’m sure is owned by someone with connection, if not some general or minister. I was told it was an auction that the road was giving to the one best qualified.

So the van I was in that I usually take was “legally” not allowed to drive on the new road that my money paid for and I guess on the way out, this would explain why he didn’t stop at the Lachin check-point and ignored the police there and why on our return in, he didn’t take the Lachin road, but took a road that took us through the Southern military zone.

I had been on this military road 10 years ago and I remember it being exactly the same, but at that time it had much less potholes.

The weather that day was increasable and though it was cold in Yerevan, it was quite warm in the South. I took quite a few pictures, including pictures of where General Levon is removing pipes.

The pipes are being taken out of these gigantic fields which go on as far as the eye can see. I can understand why the MAX Group is so upset with having the capabilities to water their fields taken out and shipped off to Iran and Armenia.

If you think about it, as a result of General Levon, who is also working with General Ohanyan, the minister of defense, what they are doing is reducing the yield to what we could produce, thus lowering our potential crop that could otherwise feed our people and keep the price of wheat and other vegetation lower. In my book General Levon and the minister if defense for this are in fact traders to our nation and I hope the people will eventually clue in on what they are doing and take appropriate action to stop them.

When you take into consideration what I’ve seen in the last few years, multiply it by 1,000 and what Raffi commented the other day about revolution, I have to agree with him and can only hope that it will happen sooner rather than later so we can start to really build this nation into what it should and can be.

Oh and one other thing to push us into revolution would be the new compressed natural gas station in Stepanagert. Why would this be and addition to the list? Well it’s true that natural gas is more economical and would be of a benefit to the people. The thing that adds it to the list is that the station belongs to the Primate of the Armenian Church in Artsakh, Arch Bishop Barkev Mardirosian. Yes, it seems that the church was not as profitable as need be for him, or many in the case of the Marutni Church and other construction jobs I’ve written about in the past, it has been too profitable and he needed to invest his stolen money someplace. I know he also has a chicken farm that produces eggs that he provides to the army. Yes my dear Srpazan, you too are on our radar screen of corrupt leaders that need to be dealt with.

Today as it was yesterday, we have no power here in Martuni (9 am to 6 pm), as they are adjusting the power lines so when the winter winds kick up, we will not have power lines hitting each other and forcing the turning off of the electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment