Sunday, August 17, 2003

For most of today, I worked at the factory. Nothing really exciting to write about I guess when one is cutting stone.

After work, I took a late drive out to my lake and with me I took the mayor’s daughters and two nephews.

The weather today was not all that warm and the water was a bit chilly. I swam, while the nephews very quickly got in and out of the water. The mayor’s daughters just watched.

When I returned to the shore, I found the mayor’s nephews hunting for crabs. The crabs we have are very small and for the hour they hunted, they caught 64 crabs, tossing back any that had eggs under their tails.

We finished just before sundown and headed back to Martuni, where we boiled water and cooked up a very new exotic meal.

The mayor’s wife and mother were quite frightened from the crabs and said they would not eat them, but once we got to eating them, the mayor’s wife indulged.

Though we did a good job of picking out much of the meat, there was plenty left over for the chickens to pick at for their breakfast.

After finishing our meal, we joked that we hope none of us get sick from the crabs, but since the mayor’s mother didn’t eat any, in the case of us all getting sick, she can care for us or at least tell the doctors what we ate.

I got a call from a friend of mine who at the last minute decided to get married and invited me to attend his wedding tomorrow. Though I was going to work tomorrow, I guess I’ll take a day off and participate in the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment