Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Today was all work and no fun. No swimming at my lake, nothing!!!

For the most part of today, I had to work since one of my worker’s grandfather passed away and he had to go to their village for the wake and I guess the funeral will be in the next couple of days.

So with the lack of help, I have to work and all day I was cutting slabs of granite into tiles.

I guess from all the swimming, my mussels are sore, but now with all this lifting of granite slabs, I’m really sore.

Another guard from my lake was fired today for being absent from his post and he has been replaced. The guard that was fired, came to my house after I got home from work and could not understand what the harm was that he was absent for a couple of hours on a few occasion. I explained to him what the duty of a guard is and left it at that.

I’m really tired right now and since I have to get an extra early start tomorrow to be the fill-in guy at the stone factory, I better get to sleep now so I will be all energized tomorrow, as I have an order that is due in the next couple of days and there is so much to do. I think I need to call the customer tomorrow to let him know we are going to be late a couple of days, though there is a chance we may make the deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment