Tuesday, August 05, 2003

This log was posted on Cilicia.com

Today the weather was much cooler than yesterday. Thank goodness for the break in the heat as until 2 PM we have no power and no air-conditioning.

Tonight I’m invited to the mayor’s house, where we will be celebrating his father’s birthday. We will also be celebrating someone else’s birthday of someone that is very close to me, but lives in a far off land. Happy Birthday to everyone that is born on this day.

With the back-out, I had no reason to go to the factory (though I will go down as soon as the power is restored), so I stayed in bed and worked some on my book. I’m really amazed how long a lap-top can work on battery power. I’ve been on for hours and I still have 34% left.

The same-sex couple adoption issue is really heating up and it looks like it will hit the local (Armenia) press tomorrow, if it didn’t already get printed today. Last night a doctor who I had told yesterday of this issue and this is a doctor who has worked in Russia and had seen much more than those who have never left the country, told me that she is still in shock and said that I have to do something to save that child.

A comment was made on www.aramanoogian.blogspot.com about how homosexuality is not contagious, but if you ask the natives here and I’m even sure most people in Armenia, then you will see that they don’t understand this idea and think that the child could in fact be infected. Irregardless of who is right, as long as the majority feel uncomfortable with the situation, then this means that this situation is culturally wrong and should have been avoided.

I also got word from the sates that there is a particular American adoption agency that has completed many adoptions in Armenia and word is that they omit or rewrite home studies to conceal information that could prevent a positive outcome of an adoption. I will be researching this when I go to Yerevan and if I find that this is the case (and if it is, you can be sure I will find it), I will be pushing for criminal charges (in Armenian and the US) for anyone that was involved in such practices and if need be we will make those adoptions null and void and retrieve our children from those criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment