Sunday, August 24, 2003

What a great day!!! Fishing season at our lake started today and we dropped the nets in the water, which means tomorrow we are eating fish!!!

The nets went into the water at 6:50 PM and for some reason the fisherman was having problems getting the net into the water, so after waiting an hour, I swam out to him to see what the problem was.

This was the first time I've swam practically the entire length of the lake, which is close to a kilometer. It was such a rush and I guess now I'm use to it, as I didn't feel at all any sore burning feeling.

So I got out to him and found that since the last time he cast the nets and gathered them up, someone besides him has cast a couple of our nets.

I toed his raft a bit, so he could use both hands to cast and untangle the nets.

Then I swam all the way back to the other side of the lake, where my general manager was waiting and told her to get to the bottom of things on our nets and them being cast in the water during the season the fish were multiplying.

I got back to Martuni at dusk, did some shopping, made some phone calls, checked my e-mail and am now waiting for some guest to come over for dinner.

Tonight on television was a concert from Armenia that is for the Armenian Games. It was great to see it and I now know why Tata Simonian is always wearing a hat. Someone gave him a shirt and he put it on and had to take his hat off to do so and guess what, the guy is bald!!! Mind you, I don't see anything wrong with bald and I think that Tata would look really good bald, if he would just shave the rest of his head. Anyway, I really enjoyed the program and have to say that it was well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment