Saturday, August 30, 2003

Today again was a very uneventful day as it was very hot and though I thought I was going to have guests come, they again didn’t show up.

Today instead of sleep, I caught up with e-mails to people who I’ve been out of touch with for the last few years. This may sound like a waste of time, considering all I have to do here, but since I started working on my book, I’ve been revisiting events that I really have put out of my mind and the overload of them is just a little too much for me, thus my need for a real distraction.

So beyond the e-mailing, I also went to the bank to take care of end of the month expenses.

I stopped in to my salon, as come September 1st, all my workers in all my businesses by law have to wear a picture identification, so today I took digital pictures of everyone and tonight I printed up the badges on my color printer with photo paper Mama Manoogian recently sent me.

I took a trip down to the my lake as my fisherman was to cast nets today so we could take fish to market in the morning. While waiting for him, I took a nice long swim. It was great and really relaxing!!! By 8 PM it was clear that my fisherman was not going to show up, so I headed back to Martuni.

On the way home I stopped into the stone factory to take a picture of our guard for the identification badge, as he comes in at night and was not around when I earlier took the pictures of the workers. He didn’t understand the benefit of having to wear a badge and I said it was because those that don’t comply with this new law will be fined 100,000 dram. He quickly smiled for the camera.

I went to look at a water pump that I had looked at earlier this week, as we really need to have our own pump for filling our reserve pool, instead of barrowing a neighbors pump and the seller told me that they have no motors for the pumps. I had no problem with that, as I have a bunch of motors and I’m sure one will fit. These are good quality pumps from some wine factory in the liberated territories I think, as all he wants for it is $15.

I have to get down to the factory early in the morning, as one of the finish saws is not working right and needs my attention. This means I need to get to sleep early tonight, though it’s already 12:30 AM. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment