Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Though I didn’t attend, today was the funeral of a distant neighbor I really didn’t know named Valo.

Valo worked for the electric company and while working on the 10,000 volt line, he was electrocuted. They say it was his own fault, as he accidentally turned off a transformer that was for a line he was not working on and he must have figured he turned off the line he was working on. Right now there is a standard criminal investigation going on, though no one really suspect any foul-play, as for the most part, Valo didn’t have any enemies.

Yesterday I went to a birthday party for a close friend that lives across the street from Valo and returned today for lunch.

At lunch, my friend’s sister was telling me that one of our other neighbors, Alvina (who lives next door to Valo), had a falling out with Valo, as she would often visit at very inappropriate times and Valo finally told her not to visit them so often.

Their argument they had a few months ago, ended with Alvina telling Valo that she hopes they one day bring him home on his back. This translated into simple English means that she wished him death.

As it was even then, there really were no neighbors that were on talking terms with Alvina and the only time she ever talked to me was when she needed to barrow money (of which I have 20,000 dram due to be paid back to me on the 25th). She always would say when I would give her money that she worships me from the ground to the blue skies and may I live a thousand years.

Anyway, this tragedy has left Valo wife a widow and his two small children fatherless. Very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment