Saturday, August 23, 2003

Yesterday (the 21st), I went to Stepanagert to meet up with my “boss” Neery, who is in charge of NK Arts and has come to oversee the preparations for the September 12th festival.

I took her to settle into her house and we sat to talk about what I have been working on. We called over some of the people who are working for us in various capacities to see how things are going. Everything is so far on track.

In the morning, we went to Shushi to visit the festival site and check on how things are coming along. Things are really falling into place and when we finish the restoration work, the Shushi fort is really going to look great.

One thing we were looking at is the entrance to the fort as been Turkified. What I mean is that the round arch that I was told is documented in a 1850’s picture, has been spiked. We decided that if we can document what it use to look like, we are going to request from the cultural minister the right to restore the roundness of the arch.

After a couple of meetings and some running around looking for materials for the festival site, I headed back to Martuni, where I checked my e-mail and then took a nice long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment